Thursday, May 22, 2014

Endings

I worry about endings.

I haven't wrote many endings in my time.
I've experienced a few; I don't think I'm good at them.

The times I've held on too long when things had ended, held me back.

Now I worry about the endings too much, and they are holding me back.

Nothing lasts forever. Our protective little mantra, our justification for letting go.
Evidence does suggest it is true.
That said, it should never prevent me from enjoying now.
I may quit my job someday, but not today. I may loose my job someday. But not today.
The sun may explode, but not today.
Love may come, love may go, but I shall cherish it always.

"Nothing lasts forever," they say,
"As if anything does," say I.

Today is a good day to live, and love, and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment