Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Healing of the Jilted

I've fallen in love.
With strangers.
Frequently.

Perhaps not falling in love, exactly.
A brief, beautiful, vivid fantasy.
No less real for being fantasies.
For being simple feelings of... beauty.

I'm falling for voices.
The rich, beautiful vocalizations.
The emotions, the passions, communicated through voice.
I've always heard a little more in a voice, than I'm meant to.
A skill that once opened me to pain, has opened me to healing.
To passion. To caring.
To finding something I thought was lost.

This isn't limited to singing; simply talking.
A voice on the radio.
A shared experience, with many people.
But sometimes, when she murmurs into that microphone,
I feel like I'm the only one in the room.

I'm finding romance again.
Passion again.
Warmth again.
My jilted heart, has started to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment